11 SEC stars projected to go in Round 1 of CBS Sports' latest 2022 NFL Mock Draft
While we’re not even to Week 3 in the 2021 college football season, it’s never too early to look ahead to where the best players in college football this year might be selected in the NFL Draft next spring.
On Wednesday, CBSSports.com NFL Draft analyst Chris Trapasso updated his 2022 NFL mock draft, and he had 11 top SEC players going in the first round.
Leading the way for the SEC in Trapasso’s mock first round are Alabama and Texas A&M, each of which are represented by 3 players in the first round.
Here’s a look at each of the 11 SEC players and where they are projected to go:
- No. 3 — Evan Neal, OL, Alabama — New York Jets
- No. 6 — Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M — Cincinnati Bengals
- No. 7 — Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU — Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 9 — DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M — New York Giants
- No. 13 — Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 16 — Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A&M — Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 20 — Derion Kendrick, DB, Georgia — Los Angeles Chargers
- No. 21 — Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas — Dallas Cowboys
- No. 27 — Jordan Battle, DB, Alabama — Green Bay Packers
- No. 28 — Christian Harris, LB, Alabama — Miami Dolphins
- No. 32 — Kingsley Enagbare, LB, South Carolina — Kansas City Chiefs
Certainly there’s bound to be plenty of movement between now and next April, but it’s a good bet that all 11 of these players will be taken sooner than later in the 2022 Draft.