12 SEC alumni featured on USA Today's All-Under-25 NFL team
USA Today took a recent look at the NFL’s best players under the age of 25, and no surprise, it’s stacked with SEC alumni.
The team is composed of 34 players (22 starters and 12 reserves), with 12 former SEC players making the team (seven starters, five reserves).
Half of the players mentioned are LSU alumni, including five starters. Alabama follows with two players and Georgia, Texas A&M, Missouri and Mississippi State products also make the list.
- Los Angeles Rams RB Todd Gurley (21, Georgia)
- New York Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. (23, LSU)
- Carolina Panthers RG Trai Turner (22, LSU)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers LB Kwon Alexander (21, LSU)
- Baltimore Ravens LB C.J. Mosley (23, Alabama)
- Arizona Cardinals S Tyrann Mathieu (24, LSU)
- San Francisco S Eric Reid (24, LSU)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans (22, Texas A&M)
- Dallas Cowboys OG La’el Collins (22, LSU)
- Kansas City Chiefs OC Mitch Morse (24, Missouri)
- Washington Redskins LB Preston Smith (23, Mississippi State)
- Green Bay Packsers S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (23, Alabama)
It’s anyone guess which of the SEC’s 51 draftees could make next year’s team, potentially replacing Mathieu, Reid and Morse.