14 SEC players projected to go in first round in latest CBS Sports mock draft
Currently, Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Joe Burrow continues to prepare with LSU for the College Football Playoff. But in four months, he could be walking across the stage at the NFL draft as the No. 1 overall pick.
Burrow is still projected to be selected with the top pick in the latest NFL mock draft from CBS Sports’ Josh Edwards. He is one of four LSU players and one of 14 from the SEC who Edwards is projecting to go in the first round.
LSU doesn’t have the most players of any SEC school, though, as Edwards is projecting six Alabama players to be picked in the first round, with the highest being offensive tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. at No. 7.
There’s still plenty of time for mock drafts to change. The NFL draft will take place in Las Vegas from April 23-25.
Here are all the SEC players who Edwards is projecting to go in the first round:
- No. 1 — Joe Burrow, QB, LSU — Cincinnati Bengals
- No. 5 — Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia — Detroit Lions
- No. 7 — Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama — New York Jets
- No. 9 — Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama — Los Angeles Chargers
- No. 10 — Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama — Denver Broncos
- No. 12 — K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU — Atlanta Falcons
- No. 13 — Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama — Oakland Raiders
- No. 14 — Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 17 — Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- No. 20 — Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU — Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 21 — Grant Delpit, S, LSU — Dallas Cowboys
- No. 23 — D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia — Miami Dolphins
- No. 24 — Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 32 — Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama — Baltimore Ravens