2022 Wuerffel Trophy: 3 SEC standouts announced as semifinalists
The 2022 Wuerffel Trophy released its 12 semifinalists for the prestigious award on Tuesday morning, including 3 players from the SEC.
Mississippi State wide receiver Austin Williams has been recognized as a semifinalist for the award, which is know as College Football’s Premier Award for Community Service” according to the trophies website.
Missouri receiver Barrett Banister and Georgia receiver Kearis Jackson have also been recognized as a semifinalist for the award. Here are the remaining nominations.
- Matthew Cindric, Cal, Senior, Offensive Line
- Dillan Gibbons, Florida State, Senior, Offensive Line
- Kearis Jackson, Georgia, Senior, Wide Receiver/Special Teams
- Clay James, Miami, Junior, Long Snapper
- Tanner Morgan, Minnesota, Senior, Quarterback
- Austin Williams, Mississippi State, Senior, Wide Receiver
- Barrett Banister, Missouri, Senior, Wide Receiver
- Sean Clifford, Penn State, Senior, Quarterback
- Deslin Alexandre, Pittsburgh, Senior, Defensive Line
- Aidan O’Connell, Purdue, Senior, Quarterback
- Patrick Fields, Stanford, Senior, Defensive Back
- Tony Bradford Jr., Texas Tech, Senior, Defensive Line
The finalists for the award will be announced on Nov. 29.