2023 NFL Mock Draft: CBS Sports' latest projections feature 14 SEC stars in Round 1
The 2023 NFL Draft begins in late April in Kansas City.
As has been the case for the last several years, the SEC figures to dominate the Round 1 picks, with more than a dozen SEC standouts in the mix to go in the first round.
CBS Sports analyst Tom Fornelli updated his Round 1 projections on Sunday, and he has 14 SEC players going in the first 31 picks.
Here’s how he sees Round 1 shaking out for the SEC:
- No. 2 — Jalen Carter, DL, Georgia — Chicago Bears
- No. 3 — Bryce Young, QB, Alabama — Carolina Panthers
- No. 4 — Will Levis, QB, Kentucky — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 5 — Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama — Seattle Seahawks
- No. 10 — Broderick Jones, OL, Georgia — Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 21 — Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU — Los Angeles Chargers
- No. 22 — Brian Branch, DB, Alabama — Baltimore Ravens
- No. 24 — O’Cyrus Torrence, OL, Florida — Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 25 — Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee — New York Giants
- No. 27 — Antonio Johnson, DB, Texas A&M — Buffalo Bills
- No. 28 — Darnell Wright, OL, Tennessee — Cincinnati Bengals
- No. 29 — BJ Ojulari, Edge, LSU — New Orleans Saints
- No. 30 — Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina — Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 31 — Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia — Kansas City Chiefs
You must be logged in to post a comment. Please sign in or register
No way….no frkn way…I have it from an unnamed Cojones source that AR15 will be the first G8r in the history of history (since 1906) to be drafted as the number 1 player this year. Don’t take my word for it, palley has an inside source, Richardson is a lock.
BTW if you ever want to win a guaranteed bet, bet someone to guess how many G8rs have ever been selected number 1 in either the NFL, MBL or NBA drafts…the over under is zero…
The stunner to me is that Bama hasn’t had a no. 1 NFL draft pick since 1938 – 75 years ago. Namath was drafted first by the AFL in ‘65, but they had not yet merged with the NFL.
Only 1 in 1948? Wow, with all that talent, I certainly would have lost that bet, too…
Don’t be too hard on Cojones Humper. He’s just quoting insane feedback from various NFL sources that have driven down AR’s odds of being first overall. Check this out:
https ://www .yardbarker.com/ college_football/ articles/ a_surprising_qbs_odds_of_being_drafted_no_1_overall_are_skyrocketing/s1_13132_38501832
I don’t usually bad mouth Gators, but that’s insane!!!
Couldnt Agree more …insane. Strictly Vegas hedging the betting line. Some where some idjut got drunk and beta lot of money on AR 15 going numero uno, I wonder if palley sobered up since then…
LMAO! You’re hopeless.
So sorry…I try to resist, I really do…but like the mertzinator, resistance is futile…
Like your “palley” is fond of exclaiming, MEEERTZZ!!!
Would LOVE to see Ojulari go to the Saints and play opposite Jordan. They’d have good pass rushers with Jordan, Granderson, Ojulari..
They really need a good QB though. No one on that roster is the answer. Lamar Jackson maybe? Not sure their future QB is in this draft.