5 SEC commits among newest 5-star 2019 recruits, according to Rivals
As the 2019 recruiting class begins to take shape, the recruiting rankings are shifting around a little bit.
Recently, Rivals updated its rankings, and that was good news for a few SEC commits, as five players who have currently pledged their services to SEC schools have been bumped up to the 5-star level.
As you can see below, it was a particularly good day for Auburn commits, as three of them made it to the 5-star level in the latest rankings:
- George Pickens, WR, Auburn — No. 12 overall
- Trey Palmer, ATH, LSU — No. 19 overall
- Owen Pappoe, OLB, Auburn — No. 26 overall
- Bo Nix, QB, Auburn — No. 27 overall
- Erick Young, CB, Texas A&M — No. 28 0verall
These players still have a senior season to play at the high school level, so it’ll be interesting to see where things end up when the rankings are all said and done.