5 SEC teams included in ESPN bracketology expert Joe Lunardi's latest projections
The 2020 NCAA Tournament is still a couple of months away, but now that we’ve officially flipped the calendar to February, college basketball action is heating up.
On Friday, ESPN bracketology expert Joe Lunardi released updated projections for the field of 68 teams, and he had 5 SEC squads making the field.
As you can see below, Kentucky leads the way as a No. 4 seed, while Mississippi State and Alabama both narrowly miss the cut:
- Kentucky — No. 4 seed (South)
- LSU — No. 5 seed (Midwest)
- Auburn — No. 5 seed (East)
- Arkansas — No. 8 seed (South)
- Florida — No. 10 seed (South)
- Mississippi State — First Four Out
- Alabama — First Four Out
There’s still time for teams to improve their tourney resumes, so we’ll see if Alabama and Mississippi State can earn bids in the coming weeks.