5 SEC teams projected to make NCAA Tournament in Joe Lunardi's latest bracketology
The NCAA Tournament field will be set in a little over a month, with 68 Division I teams competing for a national title.
A number of SEC teams are competing for bids in the March Madness field, and in ESPN expert Joe Lunardi’s latest bracketology, he projects 5 SEC squads to make the tournament.
As can see below, he also has Mississippi State as one of the first 4 teams out of the field:
- Auburn — No. 3 seed (South)
- Kentucky — No. 4 seed (West)
- LSU — No. 6 seed (Midwest)
- Arkansas — No. 10 seed (East)
- Florida — No. 11 seed (East)
- Mississippi State — First Four Out
There are still several games left for each team this regular season, so we’ll see if any other teams can work their way into contention.