6 SEC cities make U.S. News's list of 125 best cities in America
The SEC footprint contains a number of wonderful cities, and now some of them are getting recognized as great places to live.
On Tuesday, U.S. News released its list of the top-125 cities in America, and six cities that are home to SEC universities made the cut.
Fayetteville, Arkansas — home of the Razorbacks — led the way all the way up at No. 4, followed by five other SEC towns:
- No. 4 — Fayetteville, Arkansas
- No. 15 — Nashville, Tennessee
- No. 29 — Lexington, Kentucky
- No. 46 — Knoxville, Tennessee
- No. 67 — Columbia, South Carolina
- No. 109 — Baton Rouge, Louisiana
To make the cut, a city had to have a population of at least 50,000 people, so some SEC cities didn’t make the cut (Starkville and Oxford, to name a couple). Others simply weren’t named to the list at all.
What do you think of these rankings?