6 SEC players included among early favorites to win 2019 Heisman Trophy
On Saturday night, the 2018 Heisman Trophy will be awarded to one of three quarterbacks — Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa, Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray or Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins.
However, it’s never too early to start looking ahead, and that’s what the folks at MyBookie.ag are doing.
Before this year’s Heisman has even been handed out, they have odds out for the players who are most likely to win next year’s trophy. As you can see below, six SEC players are among the favorites:
- Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa — +300
- Georgia QB Jake Fromm — +600
- Georgia RB D’Andre Swift — +725
- Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy — +1000
- Alabama QB Jalen Hurts — +2000
- Mizzou QB Kelly Bryant — +2500
Tagovailoa is the favorite, edging out Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence (+500), and that seems like a good bet.
However, we’ll see how those odds progress throughout the coming offseason.