6 SEC standouts projected to go in Round 1 of CBS Sports' latest 2020 NBA Mock Draft
The 2020 NBA Draft has been pushed back to October amid the COVID-19 pandemic, so teams are still working on their draft boards.
This week, CBS Sports analyst Matt Norlander put together a different type of mock draft. He put players in order based on how well he thinks they’ll fare over the course of their careers, not just based on team need.
In his Round 1 projections, he has 6 SEC stars getting drafted, starting with Georgia’s Anthony Edwards at No. 4 overall:
- No. 4 — Anthony Edwards, G, Georgia — Atlanta Hawks
- No. 8 — Aaron Nesmith, F, Vanderbilt — Charlotte Hornets
- No. 9 — Isaac Okoro, F, Auburn — Washington Wizards
- No. 22 — Tyrese Maxey, G, Kentucky — Denver Nuggets
- No. 25 — Kira Lewis Jr., G, Alabama — Oklahoma City Thunder
- No. 29 — Immanuel Quickley, G, Kentucky — Los Angeles Lakers
It’s tough to predict which players will have the best long-term careers, with injuries and team fit playing factors. However, this is an interesting mock draft.