6 SEC teams projected to make 2021 NCAA Tournament in Joe Lunardi's latest Bracketology
The 2020 NCAA Tournament was sadly canceled at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, but for now, at least, the plans are to play the 2021 tournament when the time comes.
So, after some big-name transfers have made their way to the SEC, which teams are projected to make next year’s March Madness?
This week, ESPN bracketology expert Joe Lunardi listed 6 SEC teams among those in the 68-team tournament field:
- Kentucky — No. 4 seed (West)
- Florida — No. 4 seed (South)
- Tennessee — No. 5 seed (East)
- LSU — No. 8 seed (Midwest)
- Alabama — No. 9 seed (West)
- Arkansas — No. 9 seed (South)
- Ole Miss — Next Four Out
Ole Miss still has some work to do, according to Lunardi, to make the tournament. Of course, it is still very early. We’ll see how things shake out this coming season.