The 2019 NBA Draft Combine starts next week in Chicago, and a number of SEC stars will have something to prove.
However, there are also more than a handful of SEC guys in the mix to be chosen in Round 1 of the draft, which will take place in Brooklyn in June.
In Yahoo Sports analyst Krysten Peek’s latest mock draft, she has seven SEC athletes hearing their names called in the draft’s opening round, starting with Vanderbilt’s Darius Garland at No. 10:
- No. 10 — Darius Garland, PG, Vanderbilt — Minnesota Timberwolves
- No. 11 — PJ Washington, F, Kentucky — Los Angeles Lakers
- No. 19 — Grant Williams, F, Tennessee — San Antonio Spurs
- No. 22 — Naz Reid, F/C, LSU — Boston Celtics
- No. 23 — Keldon Johnson, G/F, Kentucky — Utah Jazz
- No. 28 — Tyler Herro, G, Kentucky — Golden State Warriors
- No. 30 — Daniel Gafford, F/C, Arkansas — Milwaukee Bucks
Things are sure to change after the combine, but for now, this is a good look at which guys are in the mix to go in Round 1.
Now, we’ll just have to wait to see who shines and who doesn’t in Chicago next weekend.