9 SEC players expected to go in Round 1 of CBS Sports' latest 2021 NFL Mock Draft
The 2021 NFL Draft is going to be an interesting one, as teams are going to have to balance opt-outs, conference-only seasons and other weird happenings when trying to find the best prospects.
On Wednesday, CBS Sports analyst Chris Trapasso updated his Round 1 mock draft, and he included 9 SEC stars.
As you can see below, he has Alabama’s Patrick Surtain II as the first SEC player off the board at No. 3. Alabama also leads the way with 6 projected first-rounders:
- No. 3 — Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama — New York Giants
- No. 6 — Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU — Washington Football Team
- No. 12 — Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 15 — Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama — Cleveland Browns
- No. 18 — Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 20 — Alex Leatherwood, OL, Alabama — New England Patriots
- No. 22 — Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama — Arizona Cardinals
- No. 30 — Trey Smith, OL, Tennessee — Kansas City Chiefs
- No. 31 — DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama — New York Jets
That’s a pretty low projection for DeVonta Smith, so we’ll see which of these guys can improve their draft stocks in 2020.