9 SEC players featured in ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr.'s first attempt at 2016 mock draft
When it comes to NFL Draft analysis and hair care, Mel Kiper Jr. is considered an expert.
So when ESPN.com released his first crack at a first-round mock for the 2016 NFL Draft, we were anxious to see how he evaluate the talent from this year’s group of SEC players.
Kiper’s first round, which can be seen here, included nine of the conference’s players.
Here’s a breakdown of how the SEC players rated out:
3. San Diego – Laremy Tunsil (OT, Ole Miss)
7. San Francisco – Laquon Treadawell (WR, Ole Miss)
9. Tampa Bay – Vernon Hargreaves III (CB, Florida)
11. Chicago – Reggie Ragland (LB, Alabama)
12. New Orleans – A’Shawn Robinson (DL, Alabama)
13. Philadelphia – Robert Nkemdiche (DL, Ole Miss)
16. Detroit – Jarran Reed (DL, Alabama)
19. Buffalo – Jonathan Allen (DL, Alabama)
30. Arizona – Leonard Floyd (LB, Georgia)
As you may have expected Alabama and Ole Miss dominated Kiper’s mock draft, accounting for nearly 1/4 of the first round. All four Crimson Tide players come from the vaunted defensive front, while the three Rebels are spread between a skill-position player and a lineman from each side of the ball.