Athlon Sports hands out 2016 SEC awards
On Monday afternoon, Athlon Sports released its list of All-SEC teams and superlatives, honoring the best of the best in the 14-team conference.
Tennessee senior QB Joshua Dobbs was named the conference’s offensive player of the year, throwing for 2,655 yards and 26 touchdowns and running for 713 yards and nine more scores.
He was joined on the superlatives list by the following well-deserving players and coaches:
- Offensive Player of the Year: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
- Defensive Player of the Year: Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
- Coach of the Year: Nick Saban, Alabama
- Freshman of the Year (Offense): Jalen Hurts, QB, Alabama
- Freshman of the Year (Defense): Leo Lewis, LB, Mississippi State
- Offensive Coordinator of the Year: Lane Kiffin, Alabama
- Defensive Coordinator of the Year: Jeremy Pruitt, Alabama
- Newcomer of the Year: Trevor Knight, QB, Texas A&M
- Breakout Player of the Year: Kamryn Pettway, RB, Auburn
To see which players were named to the Athlon Sports All-SEC first, second and third teams, check out the announcement here.