Ball, Swann and Artis-Payne round out SEC's 6 fifth-round selections
Florida linebacker Neiron Ball, Georgia cornerback Damian Swann and Auburn tailback Cameron Artis-Payne were among the last group of players selected in the fifth round of the NFL Draft on Saturday, pushing the SEC’s total to 38.
Ball was picked No. 161 overall by the Oakland Raiders (who also landed Amari Cooper on Thursday night) while Swann is a welcomed addition to the Saints’ secondary and Artis-Payne joins Cam Newton in Carolina.
Fifth round (6 selections)
- No. 141 Martrell Spaight, LB, Arkansas (Washington Redskins)
- No. 152 Jarvis Harrison, OL, Texas A&M (New York Jets)
- No. 157 C.J. Uzomah, TE, Auburn (Cincinnati Bengals)
- No. 161 Neiron Ball, LB, Florida (Oakland Raiders)
- No. 167 Damian Swann, CB, Georgia (New Orleans Saints)
- No. 174 Cameron Artis-Payne, RB, Auburn (Carolina Panthers)
— OAKLAND RAIDERS (@RAIDERS) May 2, 2015
— Georgia Football (@FootballUGA) May 2, 2015
— Auburn Football (@FootballAU) May 2, 2015