The Big Lead projects 5 SEC players to go in first round of 2018 MLB Draft
The 2018 MLB Draft is taking place in Secaucus, New Jersey, next week, and the first round could feature plenty of big-name SEC stars.
The Big Lead released their updated first-round mock draft on Wednesday, and five SEC players were included in the opening round, with all of them going in the first 20 picks.
Florida, the No. 1 seed in the upcoming NCAA Tournament, has three players going in Round 1, but Auburn RHP Casey Mize steals the show as the top pick:
- No. 1 — Casey Mize, RHP, Auburn — Detroit Tigers
- No. 5 — Brady Singer, RHP, Florida — Cincinnati Reds
- No. 6 — Jonathan India, 3B, Florida — New York Mets
- No. 17 — Jackson Kowar, RHP, Florida — Los Angeles Angels
- No. 20 — Ryan Rolison, LHP, Ole Miss — Minnesota Twins
Things can change in the last few days, but it is clear that MLB scouts like what they’ve seen from these SEC stars this year.
All five will play in the NCAA Tournament, which begins on Friday, so they’ll get one last chance to impress scouts ahead of the draft.