Are Vegas oddsmakers giving away free money on SEC over/under stats?
Pull out your wallet because you’re about to win some free cash.
Bovada sportsbook has released 63 over/under prop bets that are ready for your consumption, and many of them seem too good to be true. There are plenty that include star players from all over the country, but it’s the SEC members that stand out the most as your best chance to come out on top at the end of the year (though we may be a little biased).
Here are the SEC props:
- Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss (27.5 passing touchdowns … 3,700.5 passing yards)
- Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee (18.5 passing touchdowns … 2,200.5 passing yards)
- Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (8.5 receiving touchdowns … 900.5 receiving yards)
- Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M (6.5 receiving touchdowns … 850.5 receiving yards)
- Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (19.5 rushing touchdowns … 1,600.5 rushing yards)
- Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia (12.5 rushing touchdowns … 1,300.5 rushing yards)
*Must play in first game of season for action. Bowl games and conference championship games do not count towards wager.
What clearly stands out here is Ridley. As a true freshman, he recorded 89 receptions for 1,045 yards and seven touchdowns. He’ll have a new quarterback, sure, but another year learning Lane Kiffin’s system plus the departure of carry-machine Derrick Henry from the backfield can only help his chances of having a monstrous sophomore year. Meanwhile, it would be a “safe” assumption to declare that Joshua Dobbs will put up solid numbers in his final season as a Volunteer, and Leonard Fournette should be able to reach 1,600 yards in his sleep.
In addition to the individual props, Bovada has also included the opportunity to bet on whether certain teams will make the College Football Playoff.
- Yes (+145)
- No (-190)
- Yes (+1500)
- No (-3000)
- Yes (+1000)
- No (-2500)
- Yes (+950)
- No (-2000)
- Yes (+300)
- No (-500)
- Yes (+850)
- No (-1800)
- Yes (+325)
- No (-550)
Will an SEC team win the championship?
- Yes (+350)
- No (-290)