Campus Insiders projects 12 SEC teams to go bowling in 2016
We may be four months from kicking off the 2016 college football season, but Campus Insiders already has the post-season bowl schedule all mapped out.
The website recently published its post-spring practice bowl projections, and 12 of the 14 SEC teams are predicted to go bowling this year.
LSU continues to receive plenty of off-season love in these projections, which place the Tigers in the College Football Playoff to eventually face off with Urban Meyer’s Ohio State squad for the national championship.
Tennessee and Alabama are projected to receive New Year’s Six bids, but fall short of a College Football Playoff prediction.
South Carolina and Missouri are projected to return to post-season play with first-year coaches this season, which means Kentucky and Vanderbilt are the two teams left on the outside looking in. That would not be good news for fourth-year Wildcats coach Mark Stoops or third-year Commodores coach Derek Mason.
Here’s a look at the complete projections:
Campus Insiders’ 2016 SEC BOWL PROJECTIONS
- College Football Playoff Semifinal (Peach Bowl): LSU vs. Boise State
- College Football Playoff Finals (National Championship): LSU vs. Ohio State
- Sugar: Tennessee vs. Baylor
- Orange: Alabama vs. Louisville
- Citrus: Georgia vs. Wisconsin
- Outback: Arkansas vs. Michigan State
- Music City: Ole Miss vs. Penn State
- TaxSlayer: Florida vs. North Carolina
- Belk: South Carolina vs. Florida State
- Liberty: Auburn vs. West Virginia
- Texas: Texas A&M vs. Texas
- Independence: Mississippi State vs. Duke
- Birmingham: Missouri vs. Pitt
On the outside looking in: Kentucky, Vanderbilt