CBS Sports writer ranks SEC East teams with best chance to emerge from the 'trainwreck'
It’s no secret that the SEC East has been pretty awful this season.
For the first time in the history of the College Football Playoff rankings, not a single team from the division is ranked. Florida remains atop the standings with a 6-2 (4-2) record after getting blown out by Arkansas last week, and everyone else has at least three conference losses entering Week 11.
Every Friday, CBS Sports writer Tom Fornelli ranks something in the world of college football — anything and everything “from the logical to the illogical.” This week he’s put together is best attempt at predicting how the “trainwreck” that is the East will pan out the next few weeks, citing the serious possibility of a five-way tie.
Here are the teams Fornelli thinks have the best chance of getting to the finish line without derailing (including each team’s remaining opponents):
5. Georgia (5-4, 3-4) — vs. No. 9 Auburn, vs. UL-Lafayette, vs. Georgia Tech
4. South Carolina (5-4, 3-4) — at Florida, vs. Western Carolina, at No. 2 Clemson
3. Kentucky Wildcats (5-4, 4-3) — at Tennessee, vs. Austin Peay, at No. 6 Louisville
2. Florida (6-2, 4-2) — vs. South Carolina, at No. 24 LSU, at No. 18 Florida State
1. Tennessee (6-3, 2-3) — vs. Kentucky, vs. Missouri, at Vanderbilt