CBS Sports updates bowl projections after Week 12
With another week of college football in the books, bowl projections everywhere have been updated.
CBS Sports bowl expert Jerry Palm shared his latest bowl projections after Week 12’s games. Palm has 10 SEC teams going bowling, including one in the College Football Playoff and three more making New Year’s Six games:
- Alabama: Orange Bowl vs. Virginia (NY6)
- Auburn: Citrus Bowl vs. Minnesota
- Florida: Cotton Bowl vs. Memphis (NY6)
- Georgia: Sugar Bowl vs. Baylor (NY6)
- Kentucky: Liberty Bowl vs. TCU
- LSU: Peach Bowl vs. Oklahoma (CFP semifinal)
- Mississippi State: Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
- Missouri: Gator Bowl vs. Michigan
- Tennessee: Music City Bowl vs. Louisville
- Texas A&M: Outback Bowl vs. Penn State
Palm’s projections came out before the CFP selection committee’s rankings. Oklahoma, Palm’s projected CFP opponent for LSU, is No. 9 behind more talked-about Playoff contenders Alabama, Oregon and Utah (as well as No. 8 Penn State). We shall see how things shake out in the final two weeks of the regular season and in the conference championship games.