CBS Sports updates bowl projections after Week 2
It’s a long way from the postseason as we’re only through Week 2 of the 2019 regular season, but we’re starting to get a feel for which teams will be going bowling.
CBS Sports bowl expert Jerry Palm recently updated his bowl projections. He has nine SEC teams heading to a bowl game, including two in the College Football Playoff final four. One interesting note is that Palm includes Missouri in his bowl projections, even with MU having a postseason ban. Mizzou is still waiting to hear the result of its appeal on the NCAA punishment.
Here Palm’s latest bowl projections for SEC teams:
- Alabama: Peach Bowl vs. Georgia (CFP semifinal)
- Auburn: Liberty Bowl vs. Baylor
- Florida: Citrus Bowl vs. Nebraska
- Georgia: Peach Bowl vs. Alabama (CFP semifinal)
- Kentucky: Texas Bowl vs. TCU
- LSU: Sugar Bowl vs. Texas (New Year’s Six)
- Mississippi State: Gator Bowl vs. Wisconsin
- Missouri: Music City Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
- Texas A&M: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State
Palm stops short of predicting the national championship game matchup and winner, with TBD written in the spots for the winners of Alabama vs. Georgia and Clemson vs. Oklahoma.
Absent from Palm’s projections are Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.