CBS Sports updates bowl projections after Week 3
Every week the 2019 college football season moves forward, the experts update their postseason forecasts.
CBS Sports bowl expert Jerry Palm recently updated his bowl projections following Week 3. He has nine SEC teams heading to a bowl game, including two in the College Football Playoff final four. Palm projects Missouri to go bowling, even though the Tigers are currently under a postseason ban, which MU has appealed. The NCAA has not yet informed Mizzou of a final decision on the matter.
- Alabama: Peach Bowl vs. Georgia (CFP semifinal)
- Auburn: Gator Bowl vs. Michigan State
- Florida: Citrus Bowl vs. Wisconsin
- Georgia: Peach Bowl vs. Alabama (CFP semifinal)
- Kentucky: Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State
- LSU: Sugar Bowl vs. Texas (New Year’s Six)
- Mississippi State: Texas Bowl vs. TCU
- Missouri: Music City Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
- Texas A&M: Outback Bowl vs. Penn State
Palm stops short of predicting the national championship game matchup and winner, with TBD written in the spots for the winners of Alabama vs. Georgia and Clemson vs. Oklahoma.
SEC teams absent from Palm’s projections are Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.