CBS Sports updates bowl projections after Week 4
With another week of college football in the books, bowl projections everywhere have been updated.
CBS Sports bowl expert Jerry Palm recently updated his bowl projections following the Week 4 action. He has nine SEC teams heading to a bowl game, including two familiar faces in the College Football Playoff final four:
- Alabama: Peach Bowl vs. Georgia (CFP semifinal)
- Auburn: Citrus Bowl vs. Iowa
- Florida: Outback Bowl vs. Penn State
- Georgia: Peach Bowl vs. Alabama (CFP semifinal)
- Kentucky: Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State
- LSU: Sugar Bowl vs. Texas (New Year’s Six)
- Mississippi State: Texas Bowl vs. TCU
- Missouri: Gator Bowl vs. Michigan State
- Texas A&M: Music City Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
If you follow Palm’s CBS Sports projections week to week, you’ve probably noticed a couple of things: Palm stops short of predicting the national championship game matchup and winner, with TBD written in the spots for the winners of Alabama vs. Georgia and Clemson vs. Oklahoma. He also continues to project Missouri to go bowling, even though the Tigers are currently under a postseason ban, which MU has appealed. The NCAA has not yet informed Mizzou of a final decision on the matter.
SEC teams absent from Palm’s projections are Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.