Chris Marler's college hoops betting journal (February 11, 2020)
Just because college football season is over doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. And by fun, I of course mean gambling.
As the resident SDS gambling expert (see degenerate), I am here to give you all the peak “offseason” betting advice for the SEC hoops season thanks to our good friends at BetOnline.
As most of you know most SEC basketball games are played every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. And, with BetOnline you won’t miss any of the action. You can bet on the moneyline, spread, over/under, and even bet live odds while the game is happening!
Feeling really lucky? You can parlay several games into one bet for a big payday or even bet the future odds on which SEC team could win it all this March. (Florida and Kentucky currently have the best odds at +2000).
If you’re looking for a betting edge, then we’ve got you covered. What’s the best play for this week? Take the home teams in the SEC. Did you know that there are currently only four teams in the conference who have a winning record on the road (LSU, Auburn, Kentucky, and South Carolina)? Three of those teams are currently tied atop the SEC regular season standings as well (LSU, Kentucky, and Auburn). This season, home teams have had a clear advantage over the road teams in conference play,
So, what games are the best betting trends for this week? Here are my five betting trends to know for games the week of February 11th:
- LSU vs. Mizzou – Mizzou is ranked 247th in 1st Half ppg (31.7) and LSU is Top 20 in 1st Half ppg and scoring margin.
- Auburn vs Bama – Auburn is the only SEC team still undefeated at home at 13-0.
- Tennessee vs. Arkansas – Tennessee is a 3 pt favorite at home, but are the worst ATS home team in the league at just 4-9.
- Vandy vs. Kentucky – The over is 15-8 in Vandy home games this year. That’s the 3rd highest in the country.
- Ole Miss vs Miss St – Miss St is currently a 1 point favorite vs the Rebs and is 6-2 ATS in road/neutral games this season despite being below .500 overall away from home.
Note that you can bet college hoops at BetOnline today. Get a bonus on your first deposit up to $1,000.