College football bowl projections: CBS Sports predicts 11 SEC teams to qualify for postseason
College football bowl projections are one of the fun things to analyze in the preseason. No teams have played games yet, but it’s interesting to try to sort out how things will finish in 2022 and which teams will go to which bowl games.
CBS Sports expert Jerry Palm released his first projections for 2022 on Thursday, and he expects 11 of the 14 SEC teams to qualify for the postseason.
As you can see below, he expects Alabama and Georgia to make the College Football Playoff semifinals. Only Auburn, Mizzou and Vanderbilt aren’t projected to make a bowl game:
- Peach Bowl (CFP) vs. Oklahoma
- Gator Bowl vs. Miami
- ReliaQuest Bowl vs. Wisconsin
- Fiesta Bowl (CFP) vs. Ohio State
- Music City Bowl vs. Michigan State
- Las Vegas Bowl vs. Washington
- Texas Bowl vs. Iowa State
- Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State
- Birmingham Bowl vs. Maryland
- Citrus Bowl vs. Penn State
- Sugar Bowl vs. Baylor
Of course, we haven’t even hit Week 0 yet, so there’s still plenty of time for teams to work to improve their bowl slot. We’ll see if both Alabama and Georgia can make runs to the Playoff once again, or if another SEC team decides to crash the party.