College Football Rankings: Projecting Sunday's Week 2 AP Top 25 Poll
The Week 2 AP Top 25 poll comes out Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. ET, and only about half of the teams that will be ranked have played an actual game.
The SEC doesn’t start until September 26; however, some ACC teams and Big 12 teams have already played. Most notably, Clemson is hammering Wake Forest 37-3 to begin the 4th quarter, and Oklahoma destroyed Missouri State 48-0.
New ACC member (for this year only) Notre Dame also dispatched Duke 27-13.
The only notable upset came early Saturday when unranked Louisiana defeated No. 23 Iowa State, who some projected as a Playoff-caliber team. The Ragin’ Cajuns should jump into the top 25 this week.
It’s important to remember that the Preseason AP Top 25 ranked Big Ten and Pac-12 teams; however, in Sunday’s poll, those teams will be removed.
Here’s how we think the messy AP Top 25 will look Sunday:
1. Clemson Tigers beating Wake Forest
2. Alabama Crimson Tide
3. Georgia Bulldogs
4. Oklahoma Sooners (1-0) def. Missouri State
5. Florida Gators
6. LSU Tigers
7. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) def. Duke
8. Auburn Tigers
9. Texas A&M Aggies
10. Texas Longhorns beating UTEP
11. Oklahoma State Cowboys
12. North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0) def. Syracuse
13. Cincinnati Bearcats
14. UCF Knights
15. Tennessee Volunteers
16. Louisiana Ragin Cajuns (1-0) def. No. 23 Iowa State
17. Iowa State Cyclones (0-1) lost to Louisiana
18. Memphis Tigers (1-0) def. Arkansas State
19. Virginia Tech Hokies
20. Miami Hurricanes (1-0) def. UAB
21. Army Black Knights (2-0) def. UL Montroe
22. Baylor Bears
23. Louisville Cardinals beating Western Kentucky
24. Appalachian State Mountaineers (1-0) def. Charlotte
25. West Virginia Mountaineers (1-0) def. Eastern Kentucky