ESPN's FPI predicts outcome of every SEC Week 1 game
After an extended offseason of uncertainty, SEC football is almost here.
Unlike most opening weeks, this Saturday is an all-conference slate. All 14 teams will be playing their first of 10 regular-season conference games.
New conference head coaches Eliah Drinkwitz, Lane Kiffin, Mike Leach and Sam Pittman will be making their debuts with their new squads. In terms of rankings, No. 23 Kentucky at No. 8 Auburn highlights Saturday’s seven-game slate.
ESPN’s Football Power Index, explained below, predicts the outcome of all seven games:
The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team’s performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily.
Below are ESPN’s win probabilities for every SEC Week 1 game:
- No. 5 Florida (78.9 percent win probability) at Ole Miss
- No. 8 Auburn (84.9 percent) vs. No. 23 Kentucky
- No. 6 LSU (94.4 percent) vs. Mississippi State
- No. 4 Georgia (91.1 percent) at Arkansas
- No. 2 Alabama (95.2 percent) at Missouri
- No. 10 Texas A&M (94.6 percent) vs. Vanderbilt
- South Carolina (53.2 percent) vs. No. 16 Tennessee