ESPN's FPI predicts outcome of every SEC Week 7 game
Week 7 is absolutely loaded. Nationally, there are three big ranked vs. ranked clashes. In the SEC, all but one conference team (Auburn) will be in action. The marquee matchup of Saturday is the the top-10 showdown in Death Valley between No. 5 LSU and No. 7 Florida.
ESPN’s Football Power Index, explained below, provides a win probability for every game.
The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team’s performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily.
Here is the FPI’s predicted win probability in every SEC Week 7 game:
- Georgia (89.1 percent chance to win) vs. South Carolina
- Mississippi State (65 percent) at Tennessee
- Alabama (83.9 percent) at Texas A&M
- Vanderbilt (88.1 percent) vs. UNLV
- Missouri (83.1 percent) vs. Ole Miss
- Kentucky (80.2 percent) vs. Arkansas
- LSU (75.9 percent) vs. Florida