ESPN's FPI predicts outcome of every SEC Week 8 game
For the first time in what feels like forever, we’ve got all 14 SEC teams in action on Saturday. It’s seven games for an all-conference-play lineup.
ESPN’s Football Power Index, explained below, provides a win probability for every game:
The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team’s performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily.
Here is the FPI’s predicted win probability in every SEC Week 8 game:
Here are those win probabilities:
- Florida (60. 1 percent chance to win) at South Carolina
- Auburn (93.4 percent) at Arkansas
- LSU (83.1 percent) at Mississippi State
- Missouri (91.4 percent) at Vanderbilt
- Georgia (93.7 percent) vs. Kentucky
- Texas A&M (72 percent) at Ole Miss
- Alabama (97.4 percent) vs. Tennessee