ESPN's FPI predicts the outcome of every SEC Week 11 game
We’re back to a full SEC slate for Week 11. All 14 teams are in action, including 6 games of SEC clashes. Alabama and Florida, meanwhile, each host out-of-conference opponents.
No. 11 Texas A&M at No. 15 Ole Miss is getting the “College GameDay” treatment while “SEC Nation” will be in Knoxville for No. 1 Georgia at Tennessee, the “SEC on CBS’ showcase game. ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) predicts the winners of those games, as well as the 6 others.
Here is every SEC team’s chance to win, according to the FPI:
- Alabama (99.9 percent chance to win) vs. New Mexico State
- Auburn (66.7 percent) vs. Mississippi State
- Florida (99 percent) vs. Samford
- Georgia (88.6 percent) at Tennessee
- Missouri (51.9 percent) vs. South Carolina
- Ole Miss (55.7 percent) vs. Texas A&M
- Kentucky (93.6 percent) at Vanderbilt
- LSU (59.4 percent) vs. Arkansas
Here’s how ESPN explains the FPI:
FPI is a predictive rating system designed to measure team strength and project performance going forward. The ultimate goal of FPI is not to rank teams 1 through 128; rather, it is to correctly predict games and season outcomes. If Vegas ever published the power rankings it uses to set its lines, they would likely look quite a lot like FPI.