Every SEC coach's current buyout figure if they were fired this year
The SEC is known for handing out big coaching contracts, complete with large buyouts.
The COVID-19 pandemic might make certain schools hesitant to pay hefty buyouts to get rid of coaches this offseason, but we’ll take a look at the buyout figures anyway.
On Wednesday, USA TODAY’s updated coaches salary database came out, and that included 10 buyout figures for SEC coaches (if they were fired after Dec. 1). Here’s how they stack up against one another:
- Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M: $53,125,000
- Nick Saban, Alabama: $36,800,000
- Ed Orgeron, LSU: $23,850,000
- Mark Stoops, Kentucky: $23,750,000
- Gus Malzahn, Auburn: $21,450,000
- Kirby Smart, Georgia: $19,835,834
- Will Muschamp, South Carolina: $15,378,750
- Eliah Drinkwitz, Mizzou: $14,350,000
- Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee: $12,880,000
- Dan Mullen, Florida: $12,000,000
Mississippi State’s Mike Leach, Ole Miss’s Lane Kiffin, Vanderbilt’s Derek Mason and Arkansas’s Sam Pittman did not have buyout figures listed.