Every year, the College Football Playoff semifinals cycle through the New Year’s Six bowl games, and this year, the Orange Bowl and Cotton Bowl will serve as the semifinals.
That means four other NY6 bowls are up for grabs, and those pairings were officially announced on Sunday afternoon.
As you can see below, four SEC teams are included in the action, with No. 1 overall Alabama going to the Playoff. Here’s what all six NY6 bowl matchups look like this year:
- Orange Bowl: Alabama vs. Oklahoma (CFP)
- Cotton Bowl: Clemson vs. Notre Dame (CFP)
- Peach Bowl: Florida vs. Michigan
- Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Texas
- Fiesta Bowl: LSU vs. UCF
- Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs. Washington
Should be a lot of fun to watch!