Updated 2020 Heisman Trophy odds released heading into spring football
Spring football has begun at a few schools across the nation including at South Carolina and Vanderbilt in the SEC.
With camps set to open across the SEC in the coming days, online sportsbook BetOnline has updated its list of 2020 Heisman Trophy contenders.
No surprise at the top of the list, as Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are both listed as the current favorites to win the award with +400 odds. USC QB Kedon Slovis and Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler are next on the list with each having +1000 odds to win the award while Texas QB Sam Ehlinger is listed at +1200 at the moment.
Following those five selections, the first SEC player listed on the board is Mac Jones. The Alabama quarterback is now the betting favorite from the league to win the 2020 Heisman Trophy according to BetOnline.
Here’s a complete rundown of all the SEC players currently listed in the updated 2020 Heisman Trophy odds from BetOnline:
- Alabama QB Mac Jones +1400
- Georgia QB Jamie Newman +1600
- Florida QB Kyle Trask +1600
- LSU QB Myles Brennan +1600
- LSU DB Derek Stingley Jr. +2500
- LSU WR Ja’Marr Chase +2500
- Auburn QB Bo Nix +2800
- Alabama WR Jaylen Waddle +3300
- Alabama RB Trey Sanders +3300
- Georgia RB Zamir White +3300
What are your thoughts on these odds?