NFL.com analyst Chad Reuter projects the first round to be filled with former Alabama players.
Reuter projected of the SEC’s five first-round draft picks, four of them would be from Alabama, with Minkah Fitzpatrick the SEC’s highest-drafted player in 2018. Calvin Ridley, Da’Ron Payne and Rashaan Evans join Fitzpatrick. Former UGA LB Roquan Smith was the only non-Alabama player included.
Other names like Christian Kirk, Derrius Guice and Isaiah Wynn, among others, fall in the second round. It’ll be interesting to see how the NFL Combine affects all the projections.
The projection also included former Tennessee RB John Kelly, who Reuter predicted would be the SEC’s last pick of the third round.
Here are the projections for the first three rounds for former SEC standouts:
No. 5 Broncos: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
No. 9 Raiders: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
No. 13 Redskins: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
No. 19 Cowboys: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
No. 28 Steelers: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
33. Browns: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
34. Giants: Martinas Rankin, OT Mississippi State
35. Browns: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
38. Bucs: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
40. Broncos: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU
44. Redskins: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
52. Ravens: Arden Key, EDGE, LSU
54. Chiefs: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
56. Bills: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
58. Falcons: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
59. 49ers: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
61. Jaguars: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
64. Browns: Da’Shawn Hand, DE, Alabama
76. Packers: Lorenzo Carter, EDGE, Georgia
77. Bengals: Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas
79. Cardinals: Braden Smith, OG, Auburn
83. Ravens: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
84. Chargers: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
95. Patriots: John Kelly, RB, Tennessee