NFL.com analyst's latest 2022 mock draft includes 11 SEC players in Round 1
The 2022 NFL Draft will take place in Las Vegas from April 28 to April 30, and is sure to be a spectacle.
As the draft draws nearer, teams are finalizing their draft boards. And, naturally, dozens of SEC stars are on those boards.
On Tuesday, NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein released his updated Round 1 mock draft, and as you can see below, he projects 11 SEC standouts to go in the first 32 picks:
- No. 1 — Travon Walker, DL, Georgia — Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 3 — Evan Neal, OL, Alabama — Houston Texans
- No. 6 — Charles Cross, OL, Mississippi State — Carolina Panthers
- No. 9 — Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU — Seattle Seahawks
- No. 13 — Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia — Houston Texans
- No. 18 — Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas — Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 19 — Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama — New Orleans Saints
- No. 21 — Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M — New England Patriots
- No. 22 — Jordan Davis, DL, Georgia — Green Bay Packers
- No. 25 — Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida — Buffalo Bills
- No. 32 — Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss — Detroit Lions
Will any SEC players make late jumps up draft boards? We’ll find out in the next couple of weeks.