Paul Finebaum reveals his new top 4 teams in College Football Playoff race after Week 7 SEC action
Saturday went a long way toward showing us which teams are among the best in the country.
Notre Dame proved it was for real with a win over No. 1 Clemson, Ohio State continued to roll, Florida beat Georgia and Texas A&M dominated South Carolina.
On Sunday morning’s SportsCenter, SEC Network host Paul Finebaum revealed his new top 4 teams. As of now, he has Alabama in the top spot and Florida just on the outside looking in:
- 4. Clemson Tigers: “They’re not in a bad spot for even losing in double overtime.”
- 3. Notre Dame Fighting Irish: “They beat the No. 1 team (Clemson), but they did not move up much. That could change. Finally Brian Kelly gets the thing off of his back about not being a top 5 team.”
- 2. Ohio State Buckeyes: “Justin Fields remains quite flawless. He’s been unbelievable.”
- 1. Alabama Crimson Tide: “Alabama will be No. 1 today by the AP Poll. That will be 11 straight years since 2008 that Nick Saban’s team — at some point in the season — has been ranked No. 1.
- Team to file away — Florida Gators: “They could fit into that top 4, but there’s a crowd in there. You think about Florida that’s interesting — after the big win over Georgia, they’ll get Alabama in the SEC title game. If they beat Alabama, they may find themselves in the Playoff.”
There are only a handful of elite teams this year, it seems, so we can expect a tight Playoff race down the stretch. It should be a lot of fun!