PFWA's NFL All-Rookie team includes 10 SEC standouts
The SEC sent a ton of talent to the NFL through the 2021 Draft, including a ridiculous number of standout offensive players.
This week, the Pro Football Writers Association (PFWA) released its All-Rookie team, and 10 SEC standouts received honors.
Former LSU WR Ja’Marr Chase, now with the Cincinnati Bengals, was named the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Below, you can see all the honorees — 6 on offense, 3 on defense and 1 specialist:
- Mac Jones, QB, New England Patriots — Alabama
- Najee Harris, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers — Alabama
- Ja’Marr Chase, WR, Cincinnati Bengals — LSU
- Jaylen Waddle, WR, Miami Dolphins — Alabama
- Kyle Pitts, TE, Atlanta Falcons — Florida
- Trey Smith, OL, Kansas City Chiefs — Tennessee
- Christian Barmore, DL, New England Patriots — Alabama
- Nick Bolton, LB, Kansas City Chiefs — Mizzou
- Patrick Surtain II, CB, Denver Broncos — Alabama
- Evan McPherson, K, Cincinnati Bengals — Florida
Chase, McPherson, Bolton and Smith are all still in the mix for a Super Bowl title this year, too, as the Chiefs and Bengals meet up on Sunday with a spot in the big game on the line.
With the 2022 NFL Draft just around the corner, too, we’ll see which players from the SEC get picked early and have big rookie seasons next fall. There figures to be another big crop of SEC talent to choose from.