The Power Rank predicts the outcome for every Week 10 SEC rivalry game
The Power Rank is back with another round of SEC projections heading into rivalry weekend in the Southeastern Conference.
If you are unfamiliar with the Power Rank, it’s the creation of Stanford Ph.D. graduate and analytics expert Ed Feng. Feng uses his system to predict outcomes in professional and college sports.
The Power Rank does not project games against FCS opponents, yet it accurately predicts winners over 73 percent of the time.
The system went 6-0 predicting SEC games during Week 9.
Here is how The Power Rank predicts the Week 10 action to play out in the SEC:
- LSU will beat Texas A&M by seven points in College Station. The Aggies have a 30 percent chance of winning this game.
- Alabama will beat Auburn by 12.5 points in Tuscaloosa. The Tigers have an 18 percent chance of winning this game.
- Ole Miss will beat Mississippi State by 3.5 points in Oxford. The Bulldogs have a 40 percent chance of winning this game.
- Florida will beat Kentucky by 15.8 points in Gainesville. The Wildcats have a 13 percent chance of winning this game.
- Georgia will beat South Carolina by 13.5 points in Columbia. The Gamecocks have a 16 percent chance of winning this game.
The Power Rank did not make a selection for the Missouri-Vanderbilt game. The system has not been updated since the Missouri-Arkansas and Tennessee-Vanderbilt games were postponed. For what it’s worth, the system picked Tennessee to beat Vanderbilt and Missouri to beat Arkansas.