Projecting the AP Top 25: LSU, Ole Miss move into the Top 10
Leonard Fournette and Chad Kelly.
There may not be two players in college football trending at a faster rate this season.
LSU and Ole Miss were among Saturday’s most noteworthy teams after both recorded impressive performances against SEC Western Division rivals which should catapult the Tigers and Rebels into Sunday’s Top 10.
LSU’s beaten nationally-ranked teams back-to-back weeks, humiliating Auburn, 45-21, in Death Valley behind Fournette’s career-best 228-yard explosion.
Sixth-ranked USC, the perceived Pac-12 favorite, suffered a 41-31 loss to Stanford, which will knock the Trojans out of the Top 10
PROJECTING SUNDAY’S AP TOP 25
- Ohio State def. Northern Illinois, 20-13.
- TCU def. SMU, 56-37.
- Michigan State def. Air Force, 35-21.
- Baylor (bye)
- Georgia def. South Carolina, 52-20.
- Notre Dame def. No. 15 Georgia Tech, 30-22.
- LSU def. No. 18 Auburn, 45-21.
- Ole Miss def. No. 2 Alabama, 43-37.
- Florida State def. Boston College, 14-0 (Friday)
- Alabama lost to No. 15 Ole Miss, 43-37.
- UCLA vs. No 19 BYU, late
- Clemson def. Louisville, 20-17 (Thursday)
- Oregon def. Georgia State, 61-28.
- USC lost to Stanford, 41-31.
- Oklahoma def. Tulsa, 52-38.
- Texas A&M def. Nevada, 44-27.
- Arizona leads Northern Arizona, 42-13.
- Utah vs. Fresno State, late.
- Northwestern def. Duke, 19-10.
- BYU vs. No. 1o UCLA, late
- Mizzou def. UConn, 9-6.
- Georgia Tech lost to No. 8 Notre Dame, 30-22.
- Wisconsin def. Troy, 28-3.
- Stanford def. No. 6 USC, 41-31.
- Oklahoma State def. UTSA, 69-14.
Dropped out: No. 18 Auburn lost to No. 13 LSU, 45-21.