Projecting the AP Top 25: Pair of top 5 teams go down
The AP top 25 won’t come out until Tuesday this week, but it’s tradition here at Saturday Down South to take a crack at projecting the next ranking late on Saturday nights.
Alabama solidified its top ranking status with an utter dismantling of USC. Oklahoma and LSU, both top 5 teams, went down on Saturday, so a shake up is expected.
The main questions are: How far will Tennessee fall despite winning? Where do Oklahoma and LSU (top 5 teams that lost) land? Does Florida hang on to a top 25 ranking with a pedestrian outing against UMass?
At this time, we’re projecting six SEC teams in the AP top 25.
- Alabama def. USC, 52-6.
- Clemson leading Auburn, 19-13.
- Florida State plays Ole Miss on Monday.
- Ohio State def. Bowling Green, 77-10.
- Michigan def. Hawaii, 63-3.
- Houston def. Oklahoma, 33-23.
- Stanford def. Kansas State, 26-13.
- Michigan State def. Furman, 28-13.
- Washington def. Rutgers, 48-13.
- Notre Dame plays Texas on Sunday.
- Ole Miss plays FSU on Monday.
- Georgia def. North Carolina, 33-24.
- Louisville def. Charlotte, 70-14.
- Oklahoma lost to Houston, 33-23.
- Tennessee def. App State, 20-13.
- TCU def. South Dakota State, 59-41.
- LSU lost to Wisconsin 16-14.
- Oklahoma State def. SE Louisiana, 61-7.
- Baylor def. Northwestern State, 55-7.
- Texas A&M def. UCLA, 31-24.
- Iowa def. Miami (OH), 45-21.
- Oregon def. UC-Davis, 53-28.
- Miami def. Florida A&M, 70-3
- UCLA lost to Texas A&M, 31-24.
- Florida def. UMass, 24-7.
Dropped out: No. 22 North Carolina, No. 20 USC
Note: This top 25 projection will obviously change with games scheduled for Sunday and Monday. The AP poll will be out on Tuesday.