Projecting the AP Top 25: Massive SEC shakeup after impressive wins
How do you impress poll voters?
You dominate previously unbeaten and nationally-ranked competition.
Alabama and Florida were nearly flawless on Saturday, the Crimson Tide handling Georgia between the hedges while the Gators dismantled Chad Kelly and the Rebels with a fierce pass rush.
Texas A&M’s win over Mississippi State should push the Aggies ahead several spots possibly into the Top 10.
We’re projecting six SEC teams in Sunday’s poll:
PROJECTING SUNDAY’S WEEK 5 AP TOP 25
- Ohio State def. Indiana, 34-27.
- TCU def. Texas, 50-7.
- Baylor def. Texas Tech, 63-35.
- Michigan St. def. Purdue, 24-21.
- Clemson leads No. 6 Notre Dame.
- Alabama def. No. 8 Georgia, 38-10.
- LSU def. Eastern Michigan, 44-22.
- Utah, BYE.
- Florida def. No. 3 Ole Miss, 38-10.
- Texas A&M def. No. 21 Mississippi State, 30-17.
- Oklahoma def. No. 23 West Virginia, 44-24.
- Florida State def. Wake Forest, 24-16.
- Northwestern def. Minnesota, 27-0.
- USC, BYE.
- Notre Dame trails No. 12 Clemson.
- UCLA trails Arizona State.
- Ole Miss lost to No. 25 Florida, 38-10.
- Stanford vs. Arizona, LATE.
- Oklahoma State def. Kansas State, 36-34.
- Iowa def. No. 19 Wisconsin, 10-6.
- Georgia lost to No. 13 Alabama, 38-10.
- Michigan def. Maryland, 28-0.
- California def. Washington St., 34-28.
- Toledo def. Ball State, 24-10.
- Duke def. Boston College, 9-7.
Dropped out: No. 23 West Virginia lost to No. 15 Oklahoma, 44-24; No. 21 Mississippi State lost to No. 15 Texas A&M.