Projecting the new AP Top 25 for Week 13
The AP Top 25 is about to look a little different.
The most notable upsets of the week were No. 9 Oregon falling to rival Oregon State on Friday night and No. 11 Northwestern falling to Michigan State on Saturday. Miami and Indiana looked poised to move up with those losses.
There were some vocal media members on Twitter calling out the CFP selection committee’s ranking of Georgia at No. 9. So it’s unlikely to see the Bulldogs move all the way up to No. 9, but will certainly move up.
From our perspective, it’s hard to see any of the 3-loss teams ranked last week remaining in the poll. North Carolina, Texas and Auburn all failed to cover the Vegas spreads in their games and just don’t look like Top 25 teams. We’re slotting in Iowa (CFP selection committee’s No. 24), Liberty (now 9-1) and Washington (top of last week’s other’s receiving votes pool).
Here’s how we project the new poll:
- Alabama (8-0) def. No. 22 Auburn, 42-13
- Notre Dame (9-0) def. No. North Carolina
- Ohio State (4-0), did not play
- Clemson (8-1) def. Pittsburgh, 52-17
- Texas A&M (6-1) def. LSU, 20-7
- Florida (7-1) def. Kentucky, 34-10
- Cincinnati (8-0), did not play
- BYU (9-0), did not play
- Miami (7-1), did not play
- Indiana (5-1) def. Maryland, 27-11
- Georgia (6-2) def. South Carolina 45-16
- Iowa State (7-2) def. No. 20 Texas, 23-20
- Oklahoma (6-2), did not play
- Coastal Carolina (9-0) def. Texas State, 49-14
- Marshall (7-0), did not play
- Oregon (3-1) lost to Oregon State, 41-38
- Northwestern (5-1) lost to Michigan State, 29-20
- Wisconsin (2-1), did not play
- USC (3-0), did not play
- Oklahoma State (6-2) def. Texas Tech, 50-44
- Louisiana (8-1) def. UL-Monroe, 70-20
- Tulsa (5-1), did not play
- Iowa (4-2) def. Nebraska, 26-20
- Washington (3-0) def. Utah, 24-21
- Liberty (9-1) def. UMass, 45-0
Projected to drop out of the AP Top 25: No. 20 Texas (5-3) lost to No. 14 Iowa State, 23-20; No. 22 Auburn (5-3) lost to No. 1 Alabama, 42-13; No. 25 North Carolina lost to No. 2 Notre Dame, 31-17