Projecting the AP Top 25: Up to 7 SEC teams should be ranked
In a week where there were no ranked matchups, there won’t be much movement in the AP top 25 this week. However, with TCU and Oklahoma State going down, we’ll see some movement. Additionally, as teams pass and fail the eye test in any given week, voters will likely move some teams up and down regardless of wins and losses especially this early in the season.
At this time, we’re projecting seven SEC teams in the AP top 25.
- Alabama def. WKU, 38-10
- Florida State def. Charleston Southern, 52-8.
- Clemson def Troy, 30-24.
- Ohio State def. Tulsa, 48-3.
- Michigan def. UCF, 51-14.
- Houston def. Lamar, 42-0.
- Stanford did not play
- Washington def. Idaho, 59-14.
- Wisconsin def. Akron, 54-10.
- Texas def. UTEP, 41-7.
- Louisville def. Syracuse, 62-28.
- Georgia def. Nicholls, 26-24.
- Tennessee def. Virginia Tech, 45-24.
- Michigan State did not play
- Oklahoma def. Louisiana-Monroe, 59-17.
- Iowa def. Iowa St., 42-3.
- Notre Dame def. Nevada, 39-10.
- Texas A&M def. PV A&M, 67-0.
- Ole Miss def. Wofford, 38-13.
- LSU def. Jax St., 34-13.
- Baylor def. SMU, 40-13.
- Oregon leading Virginia.
- Miami def. FAU, 38-10
- TCU lost to Arkansas.
- Florida def. Kentucky, 45-7.
Dropped out: No. 22 Oklahoma State