SEC-Big 12 hoops challenge: Times, TV info for all 10 Saturday games
The SEC/Big 12 challenge is back and it should be a doozy this year.
The SEC won 6 games to 4 last season, but the Big 12 is a different beast in 2023. There are no “bad” teams in the conference this year, but how will they match up against the SEC Saturday?
Well, it is all about matchups, after all. Most favor the Big 12 this go around, with some even matchups sure to not disappoint in Texas/Tennessee and, with how they’ve played of late, Kansas/Kentucky.
Here’s the full list of games for the SEC teams competing in the SEC/Big 12 challenge Saturday, Jan. 28.
- No. 15 Auburn at West Virginia, Noon EST ESPN
- No. 2 Alabama at Oklahoma, 2 p.m. EST ESPN
- No. 12 Iowa State at Mizzou, 2 p.m. EST ESPN2
- Texas Tech at LSU, 2 p.m. EST ESPNU
- No. 11 TCU at Mississippi State, 4 p.m. EST ESPN2
- Arkansas at No. 17 Baylor, 4 p.m. EST ESPN
- No. 10 Texas at No. 4 Tennessee, 6 p.m. EST ESPN
- Florida at No. 5 Kansas State, 6 p.m. EST ESPN2
- No. 9 Kansas at Kentucky, 8 p.m. EST ESPN
- Ole Miss at Oklahoma State, 8 p.m. EST ESPN2
In addition to the challenge, South Carolina will play Georgia (6 p.m. on SEC Network) and Texas A&M will host Vanderbilt (8:30 p.m. on SEC Network. Of course, the Big 12 only has 10 teams so 4 SEC schools get left out of the challenge every year.
The SEC is favored in just 3 games: Tennessee over Texas, Alabama over Oklahoma and Kentucky (at Rupp Arena) over Kansas.