SEC’s 10 biggest stories you missed during Week 8
Now that Week 8 is officially in the books, let’s look at the 10 biggest stories you may have missed over the weekend:
1. An SEC-dominated Top 5 reflects the league’s strength as we approach the home stretch and first-ever College Football Playoff, and the SEC bias claims are getting crazy.
2. Pitchforks and all, Florida fans went nuts calling for Will Muschamp’s head on Twitter. However, the UF AD voices support for the program without ever mentioning Muschamp.
3. Can you believe one SEC referees told an Ole Miss player not to do the Landshark celebration? Ole Miss’ AD said there’s nothing wrong with it.
4. Kirk Herbstreit ditches Notre Dame, likes two SEC teams in final four. Can you imagine the outrage the day he has three SEC teams included?
5. A Kentucky WR hammered an LSU linebacker. Was this targeting?
6. Is Tennessee changing its program motto to “Trip-by-Trip“?
7. How did Kevin Sumlin reflect on being shutout for the first time in his coaching career? He was open and honest.
8. Even a former Pac-12 coach took a shot at Texas A&M and the SEC West.
9. One Arkansas player was ejected over the weekend.
10. Ole Miss’ Landshark defense just destroyed Justin Worley Saturday. Even a drunk Ole Miss fan was questioning Worley about the Rebels’ defense.
Here are the current standings after eight weeks: