SEC Bowl Projections after Week 12
Two SEC teams in the final four’s a stretch depending on Tuesday’s reveal of the new College Football Playoff rankings, but there’s a chance the SEC could take up three of eight total slots in four non-semifinal New Year’s Six games following Mississippi State’s loss to Alabama.
While finishing second in the SEC West at 11-1 is the last thing Bulldogs fans want to hear at the moment, a possible Mississippi State-TCU matchup would feel like a national semifinal at AT&T Stadium and act as an appetizing precursor to the national championship game on Jan. 12.
RELATED: Week 12 SEC Power Rankings
South Carolina and Arkansas entered a five-team cluster of programs with five wins after impressive SEC victories. Kentucky (5-6) lost its fifth straight game over the weekend and is no longer an attractive option to any bowl committee.
The Wildcats will need to beat Louisville on Nov. 29 to be postseason eligible.
2014 SEC BOWL PROJECTIONS AFTER WEEK 12 (12 invites)
- College Football Playoff Semifinal (Rose Bowl): Alabama vs Oregon
- College Football Playoff Semifinal (Sugar Bowl): Florida State vs Baylor
- Cotton: Mississippi State vs TCU
- Peach: Georgia vs Marshall
- Orange: Ole Miss vs Georgia Tech
- Citrus: Mizzou vs Maryland
- Outback: Auburn vs Wisconsin
- Music City: Tennessee vs Louisville
- TaxSlayer: Florida vs Minnesota
- Belk: LSU vs Notre Dame
- Liberty: South Carolina vs West Virginia
- Texas: Texas A&M vs Texas
- Birmingham: Arkansas vs Memphis
On the outside looking in: Kentucky, Vanderbilt