SEC Bowl Projections after Week 13
Ready for a wild rivalry weekend?
If the final week of SEC football is anything like the first 13 this season, we’re in for a treat beginning Thursday night in College Station when Texas A&M battles LSU in a matchup pitting identical 7-4 records. The loser of that one could fall all the way to Birmingham if that’s what the SEC decides.
Mississippi State’s win over Vanderbilt was a prime example of the College Football Playoff committee’s game control request, but will it be enough to keep the Bulldogs in the No. 4 spot when the final rankings are released? Probably not.
2014 SEC BOWL PROJECTIONS AFTER WEEK 13 (12 invites)
- College Football Playoff Semifinal (Sugar Bowl): Alabama vs Baylor
- Orange: Mississippi State vs Ohio State
- Peach: Georgia vs Marshall
- Citrus: Mizzou vs Minnesota
- Outback: Auburn vs Wisconsin
- Music City: Ole Miss vs Clemson
- TaxSlayer: Florida vs Miami
- Belk: South Carolina vs Duke
- Liberty: LSU vs Oklahoma
- Texas: Texas A&M vs West Virginia
- Independence: Arkansas vs N.C. State
- Birmingham: Tennessee vs Cincinnati
On the outside looking in: Kentucky, Vanderbilt