SEC Bowl Projections after Week 5
It’s Alabama and everyone else in the race for SEC bowl supremacy.
It could get ugly invite-wise for South Carolina, the preseason Eastern Division favorite. If the Gamecocks (3-2) don’t right the ship quickly with tough games at Auburn, Florida and Clemson down the stretch, Steve Spurrier’s squad could be forced into an hour drive to Charlotte for the Belk Bowl.
Arkansas would’ve been projected as the SEC’s 12th bowl team with a win over Texas A&M, but it didn’t happen. Six of the Razorbacks’ final seven games are against ranked teams and three wins over that stretch are needed to qualify.
RELATED: Week 6 AP Top 25
2014 SEC BOWL PROJECTIONS AFTER WEEK 5 (11 invites)
- College Football Playoff Semifinal: Alabama vs. Oregon
- CFB Playoff Selection Committee Matchups — Peach: Georgia vs Baylor; Cotton: Auburn vs Michigan State
- Citrus: Texas A&M vs Ohio State
- Outback: Mississippi State vs Wisconsin
- Music City: N.C. State vs Ole Miss
- TaxSlayer: Clemson vs Mizzou
- Belk: Duke vs South Carolina
- Texas: LSU vs TCU
- Independence: Florida vs Georgia Tech
- Liberty: West Virginia vs Tennessee
On the outside looking in: Arkansas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt